On the Road


"The only people that interest me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, desirous of everything at the same time. The ones that never yawn or say a common-place thing, but burn, burn, burn ... like Roman candles across the night.

Jack Kerouac's beat generation classic "On the Road" has been turned into a film, due for release a bit later this year...and {secretly} I can't wait to see it!

Directed by Walter Salles - director of the marvellous road trip movie "The Motorcycle Diaries" another autobiographical jaunt, but that time it was across South America, and the story of Ernesto Guevara de la Serna (Che Guevara as he would later be known)

Written in a flurry of typing that took just 3 weeks, 'On the Road' has gone on to inspire and influence many artists, writers and musicians.
"If you're working with words, it's got to be poetry. I grew up with [the books of Jack] Kerouac. If he hadn't wrote On The Road, the Doors would have never existed. Morrison read On The Road down in Florida, and I read it in Chicago. That sense of freedom, spirituality, and intellectuality in On The Road — that's what I wanted in my own work". ~ Ray Manzarek keyboard player of 'The Doors'.
"I read On the Road in maybe 1959. It changed my life like it changed everyone else's". ~ Bob Dylan

Check out the trailer... what do you think?

Catherine Athena xo

Comments

  1. flurry of yeses going off in my belly!
    thanks for the giddy stir,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I so appreciate it.

Popular Posts