Jubilee Bank Holiday

It's the Queen's Diamond Jubilee weekend here in England... meaning that Queen Elizabeth has reigned for 60 years and we have two bank holidays after the weekend (although I've worked both days anyway).

What it mostly means for me is the Post has not been delivered for 3 days...and I'm eagerly awaiting some more art supplies to arrive for an art course I'm doing... one where I get to channel my playful and free 7 year old.

One of the early exercises has us drawing symbols (making image libraries) of things that are kind of personally symbolic to us. I began drawing some free-form shapes and suddenly all these creatures, objects and things that I used to draw when I was young started flooding back into my mind, like I'd opened up a secret memory room I had long forgotten. Felt great to be gathering them into my sketchbook.

Right, I gotta get back to it. I'm on a roll and I want to catch the wave! C x

Comments

Popular Posts