Upcoming Blog Series : The Bach Centre

Dear friends,

I've gotten out of the habit of blogging of late, for two reasons really...  Firstly because iPhoto on my computer hadn't been working, and so it was making it much more complicated to move images across from my phone for blogging purposes, and also because I've been focussing much more of my energy on my deep healing this year. Really, really going within…and away from the distractions and chaos of the world.

I'd been looking at how art-making heals emotional blocks.  How using all sorts of different media in whatever way feels right and good, can help express what words alone just cannot explain.  How rest and slowing down had become necessary.

My art took a darker turn, which was in direct reflection to my inner world.  There was, and is, much I feel I cannot voice…and so I am looking for other ways to speak.  

Now I'm circling round once more, figuring out what comes next. Where is my art journey going? What feels light, and fun and joyful?


And in the meanwhile, tomorrow I begin a 3 part series here on my blog sharing my many-years-in-the-making pilgrimage to the Bach Centre (near Oxford, England) from a visit earlier on this year… Come join me! 

Catherine Athena xo


• • •My journey through the senses• • •
taste:: Crisp apples and sweet Medjool dates
smell:: cedar and piñon pine needles heady in my burner
touch:: paint marks from fingertips and brush-strokes on paper
see:: Surviving Picasso
hear:: Justin Timberlake on headphones while paining
think:: the season is beautiful and I'm enjoying a ray of sunshine
feel:: very quiet
read:: notes on story plotting
intuit:: Nightfall just up ahead 

Comments

Popular Posts