The Art Desk Uncensored {Not Photoshopped Campaign}

I always smile when I see the curvaceous 'real' women in the 'Not Photoshopped' T-shirts, and now it's time for the Artist's work table version of that campaign!   Yes, we are showing it all, keeping it real in Seth Apter's 'Studio Table' blog showcase.   Real artists' tables and how their spaces actually look… messy, chaotic, wild, crazy and of course, worked on. 

As you can see from the little bird's-eye-view peek I show below, I don't have much of a storage system going on…something I am looking to remedy soon. Currently I have boxes with other art materials & supplies under the table also.  I'd love to get one (or two!) of those wheeled storage trolleys that I can stack all my supplies in.  

I tend to spread out and take up a lot of space… ending up over the entire ancient wooden art table, sometimes taking over large areas on the floor also when I am sorting collaging papers and cutting things up.  

I'm naturally quite a messy person… but have had to learn (particularly painting with watercolors) that a paint-covered work surface can lead to unwanted marks on white areas of paper I was hoping to stay white, so I have learnt the hard way to try keep the drawing board (under the paint-marked plexiglass) as clean as possible…and I ALWAYS have painters' drop cloths down over the carpets!      

So here goes… This is my table from above…. (click on the image for a larger view)


Please come join the fun, as we celebrate real, uncensored artist's tables over at Seth's blog on Thursday 18 September 2014  >>   http://thealteredpage.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/studio-table-reveal.html

Wishing you a beautiful week of creativity! 
Catherine Athena xo

Ps. Nearly a year on, and I'm showing my table and new workspace once more over here… August 17, 2015 version {please come on over and visit} >>  http://catathenalouise.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/new-studio-space.html

• • •My journey through the senses• • •

taste:: Crisp juicy apples
smell:: Rain on fresh cut grass
touch:: Yoga Mat under my toes
see:: Crystal rainbow light-flares as the sun strikes through the window pane
hear::  Haunting, melancholy calls of Canada Geese flying overhead as they head south for the Winter
think:: Happy thoughts regardless
feel:: Wonderfully optimistic & ready
read:: iPhone photo app instruction guides - always lots to learn!
intuit:: "Winter is coming" {and not in a 'Game of Thrones' kinda way!}…It's the migrating Geese that stir it in me.

Comments

  1. paint does get everywhere, doesn't it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot of your workspace, thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite lovely and neat, actually! I could get down ('n dirty up) a space like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks comparably tidy to me! LOL. I know too that paint has the habit to get everywhere! I often find myself standing in the supermarket - believing I have really cleaned my hands and arms off ALL the paint...and then there are those large spots on my forearms...it's the blind angle problem I guess...giggle.

    Thanks for sharing!
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello - visiting from the blog hop and I love this peek at your table!

    Thanks also for sharing what happens when trying to keep white papers white around watercolor paints - this is why I try to keep the sewing fabrics on a separate table from the painting papers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is pretty neat actually... But full of energy at the same time... And I really enjoyed discovering your blog... The trip through your senses but is wonderful...xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. much tidier than mine - thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh now that's just wrong! You actually have a place to work on your table. I am so jealous! I just can't get organized.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your's looks pretty neat anyway. Is there really a good storage system? I doubt it, we would just move the stuff around anyway. xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo, I would love to play at your studio table sometime. I think we could have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness - you're a tidy painter. But, you're right, I've messed up more than a few watercolors by having my paints spatter where I didn't want..... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I applaud your desire to keep a work space as clean as possible. I agree, it has to be done, regardless. Sounds like we both have carpet on our floors, which is NOT the best option, but sometimes the only one we have.

    I've not seen those t-shirts, but I laughed at the photo, which I see is not photoshoped! Love it. I also like that painting. thanks for sharing this beautiful space with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great picture of your workspace - love the 'not photoshopped' tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks to you all for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment :-) C xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely space Cat- I gave up on the carpets when they were two days old! heehee

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing your work table with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely LOVE this peek on your working table - it's inspiring! The art you're working on is wonderful too! Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your space exudes positive energy! Makes me smile.
    This week in my rented studio space, a sticky spot of paint on the floor reminded me that I never did unroll my cheap rug under the table to catch those... :0!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I actually think your space is very organized! Love what you are working on too-quite beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks good to me! Far less random than my mess ;) Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I so appreciate it.

Popular Posts