"Seize The Day!" ~ Lilla Rogers Global Talent Search Entry

At last....It's time to show you my entry for the Lilla Rogers Global Talent Search! 

I'm told submissions have been flooding in from 29 countries around the world. Competitions like this are certainly making the online world of Art very exciting these days! 

For this assignment, we were briefed to create a 'playground themed journal cover' and we could make a piece of art that had a commercial appeal to a broad market or something that was a good fit for a niche, boutique or indie market, either was fine... 

As you know I'm very much an indie girl at heart. I wanted to create something that would be outside the usual way this theme would be interpreted and approached. I wanted something unusual and well outside the norm, very indie and unisex and totally hooking into the cult following that the Mexican Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos) iconography has for so many people right now... It is imagery that has always been for me so very captivating, primal and intriguing, colorful and deeply celebratory... marigold flowers, sugar skulls and guitar serenades.
"Seize the Day!" ~ Hand-painted Watercolor in miniature to fit the 5"x7" Journal Cover

Blessings of the Summertime Sun,
Catherine Athena xo




Comments

  1. I was suppose to do it too..a great opportunity but i.ran out of time :) I love yours Cat...fabulous!! All the best hope you move onto the next level!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I so appreciate it.

Popular Posts