Valentine's Day Paper Hearts

Perhaps it's because I'm a hopeless and (happily) incurable romantic….
Or maybe it's the little powwow I had with the Saint when I was in Dublin back in the Summer of 2005….

There I was, wandering the city with a tourist map in hand and noticed that Whitefriar Street Church had a shrine and casket with his bones on display.  After a string of disastrous relationships (romantic learning curves) I was keen to pay him a visit.  Let's just say we had words. I met someone just 6 months later. That was 10 years ago now.



Anyway, for the above reasons and more, I adore Valentine's Day.

This year, the lead up feels very celebratory and nurturing in a self-empowering kind of way. Lots of my artist friends are creating art to mark the day, and talking about acts of self-care to promote Love and self-respect. Really looking into the mirror with eyes of kindness. After all, the most important relationship we will ever have is the one we have with ourselves!

I will be doing the same….as well as celebrating the day.

And here is a mixed media painting I have created featuring collaged Paper Hearts.
"Paper Hearts" ~Mixed Media collage and paint on paper 11.7" x 16.5"


Have you heard about Courtney Walsh's novel of the same name?
Here is the trailer for her new book >>



Yes! Here's to starting our own traditions!

Wishing you all a beautiful Valentine's Day celebrating your own sovereignty and strong self-worth while flying solo or together. 

Catherine Athena xo

• • •My journey through the senses• • •
taste:: Italian pizza lovefest
smell:: Rose petals and Lavender buds
touch:: Scissors, paper, glue
see:: Sex & The City box set
hear:: Santana ~ Black Magic Woman
think:: Good thoughts :-)
feel:: Love
read:: Filofax journal pages (my own)
intuit:: Mercury powering forward once more!

Comments

Popular Posts