Living a Hand-made Life

I've been wanting a new Painting Apron for ages. I had a really clear idea of what I was after but just hadn't been able to find anything even remotely close to it.  I'm not much of a seamstress...what to do?

Well, y'know I got to thinking, 'if you can't get it on Etsy, maybe the best thing to do is make it yourself'...so that's exactly what I did.

I purchased a piece of cotton canvas fabric and begun by hand-painting my first Surface Pattern Design on a piece of heavy canvas that would become the pocket.



I love how organic this is as a process. I didn't feel the design needed to be absolutely perfectly mirrored and measured, I preferred it to be a bit rustic and obviously hand-designed & painted.

Then I got to work measuring up the fabric, cutting and sewing the full apron shape, the straps and sewing the seams. Firstly the pocket...



Then sewing the pocket to the Apron...



Voila! It's done! 



                                                                    I love it!
Catherine Athena xo

Comments

  1. wonderful!
    i love this idea....on my after-Christmas
    possibility list:)
    thanks,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pattern and apron. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI CAT...FABULOUS IDEA...WHAT TYPE OF PAINT DID YOU USE?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jann,
      I used a water reducible Acrylic paint for 'Outdoor Use' and mixed my own color combinations of Turquoise-Green and Peacock blue : ) It makes the design waterproof and permanent.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for all your lovely positivity about my creation : ) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, Cat, so clever, so simple and so wonderfully explained! I love it. Happy Painting in it!!! :)Suzi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I so appreciate it.

Popular Posts