Studio Tidy Time...


Last weekend I had a big tidy up and re-sort of my studio space... A big clean up like that feels really good! To get some energy moving around, shake things up... 

I found myself putting away some supplies I've been using for the last few months and now not currently feeling called to use at this time. 

I packed down my big easel and put it away (for now) and pulled up my painting dust sheets, shook them out the window, folded them up, and stored them away (for now)... And wiped down the table top and laid out me big drawing board. 

I got the drawing board last year in a sale, having wanted one for YEARS...and I stashed it away at the time, knowing full well I would be wanting it later. It's one of those one that rises up on a slat base, so you can have it slanted at varies degrees.

Then I began sorting some paints into clip seal bags...and put my Lino cutting blades safely into a secure little box. Then the rather enjoyable part ~ pouring out some brightly-colored new watercolor paints from tubes into empty half pans, letting them dry so I'm ready to begin. 

I stretched some watercolor paper. That was the first time I've ever done that. I had no idea how it would work out. But these things have to be attempted, right? 

Catherine Athena x

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I so appreciate it.

Popular Posts