My One Word Mantra for 2014 - Happiness

It's that time of year again! As 2013 begins to appear in the rear-view mirror it's time to choose a guiding word for 2014.  This is a real powerful way to set an intention for the whole year.  Setting a theme. A single word Mantra. Rather than New Years' resolutions, I find this to be an inspiring way to stay on purpose throughout the year ahead. 

The word you choose can be like having a North Star in view, a compass for navigating your way and you can check in with yourself to see how this word is coloring and shaping your experiences (and how you might be responding) and if you need to recalibrate or adjust course a little to stay on track.  


It's also quite interesting that sometimes the word can act in reversal, highlighting for us all too clearly where we might be resisting and blocking the flow of having that thing, that energy in our lives. Then we can heal that block and open up it instead.

So here it is! 2014 will be my year of exploring *happiness* - it just intuitively feels very right - very right now. 

To some that word may seem a little trite and perhaps over-simplistic... but this is me we are talking about here and I never undertake such things without much forethought and tuning in to what my heart wants and truly needs.

"I must be a Mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living" ~ Anais Nin

Just the other day I received a newsletter from one of my shamanic teachers and he was describing his recent visit to the Deer Park Buddhist Monastery in Southern California, and he observed that in front of the beautiful meditation hall there was no statue of the Buddha on the altar, only some fruit and the words written large enough that he could read them from the door : "this is it!"  

That really struck a chord with me. Yes indeed, this is it - Life! In this very moment, no rehearsals, the main event is underway right now. 

And in that vein I want to spend my year engaging in what brings me feelings of happiness (what we focus on increases after all!) and much less on the things that don't matter. And I'm starting with this book... 

It's a quirky, very honest and engaging personal exploration, written in the spirit of self-reflection and analysis, and reminds a bit of Elizabeth Gilbert's 'Eat Pray Love'.

Wishing you all a beautiful year ahead! Happy 2014!

Follow along on the 'Word for the Year Blog Hop' and read what other artists and creatives are setting as their intention over here : http://fly-tribe.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/word-hop-2014.html 

Catherine Athena xo


• • •My journey through the senses• • •
taste:: My carrot, cucumber & ginger vege juice blend I drink in the morning has me bouncing with energy!
smell:: Rose and Violet incense from India
touch:: Pages of a real book - nothing can match it - down with Kindles.
see:: Winter breezes moving across water - perfectly hypnotic.
hear:: The Doors - Moonlight Drive
think:: Good thoughts
feel:: Pleasantly surprised.
read:: A blog post by Waylon Lewis at Elephant Journal on more ways to make us happy : http://www.elephantjournal.com/2012/11/21-non-spiritual-things-that-make-us-happy/
intuit:: What the gypsy might say?

Comments

  1. May every day of 2014 be full of happiness. Thanks for joining in on the Word hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous fun word Cat! Wishing you much happiness in 2014. I do love the quote by Anais Nin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you happiness in all your endeavors this year Cat! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I so appreciate it.

Popular Posts