Children's Book Illustration week

Another busy week has rolled by... And in school we had the BIG assignment I've been waiting for... the Children's Book illustration week!

Our teacher chose the rather sad tale by Hans Christian Andersen, 'The Snail and the Rose Tree' and we then had to create a book cover design (and lettering) ready for the submission deadline today.
Here's mine:
Handpainted (and hand lettered) in Watercolor 

I enjoyed the challenge very much.  It feels great to stretch myself, and work to tight deadlines.

I hope you all enjoy the 'Super Moon' tonight ~ Full Moon in Capricorn (my own sign)... It's a perfect evening for climbing up to the summit of a high hill to moon gaze and let the warm breeze carry our wishes up into the Universe. 
Blessings, 
Catherine Athena xo



Comments

Popular Posts