My wild-ish Nature...Inner landscapes in acrylic paint and collage

I began this painting one dark day at the end of May, as I listened to one of Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estés' audio books called "Seeing in the Dark: Myths and Stories to Reclaim the Buried, Knowing Woman" and while her stories unwound and carried me to enchanted places, one particular tale, (a traditional Eastern European folktale - which was the basis for the wonderful Tim Burton's Corpse Bride a stop-motion animated fantasy film) took me deeply inward.

And while I was there, it brought to mind a dream I had late last year, where I found myself in a numinous and liminal place, a wild landscape of stark shadows, running with Wolf-Dog-Coyote through dark woods, past blood rivers and lakes over a frozen grey terrain. It was like I was in the Underworld of my own consciousness. My inner worlds.

Anyway, here is my acrylic and collage interpretation of that dream vision. My wild-ish nature.
Catherine Athena xo

Comments

  1. such dark beauty and contrast, a forest nearly dead winters cold grasp and yet so full of life. love your colours and the theme in whole.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I so appreciate it.

Popular Posts