One Little Word 2015 : Enjoy!

It's time… for welcoming in the New Year with my One Little Word for 2015!


Enjoy ENJOY
Origin: Latin ~ gaudier (rejoice) > Old French ~ enjoier (give joy to) / enjoïr (enjoy) > late Middle English ~ ENJOY

verb
1. Take delight or pleasure in (an activity or occasion)
"I enjoy watching Tim Burton films"
synonyms : like, love, be fond of, be entertained by, be amused by, be pleased by, find/take pleasure in,  be keen on, delight in, appreciate, rejoice in, relish, revel in, adore, lap up, luxuriate, savour, bask in, wallow in, glory in; informal fancy, get a kick out of,  get a thrill out of, get a buzz out of, go a bundle on.
1.a  Have a pleasant time
"I know I would enjoy myself completely if you were there with me."
synonyms : have fun, have a good time, enjoy life, be happy, live, live life to the full, have the time of one's life, make merry, celebrate, revel. informal; have a ball, have a whale of a time, groove, whoop it up, let one's hair down.

2. Possess and benefit from.
"I enjoy the ease of iCloud on my iPhone 4s"
synonyms : benefit from, have the benefit of,  reap the benefits of, have the advantage, have the use of, have available, avail oneself of, be blessed with, be favoured with, be endowed with, be born with, be possessed of;  have, possess, own (own it girl!)

A word like this, at this time of my Life was just begging to be chosen! It's part of my Mindfulness journey, and remembering daily, moment by moment, to embody joy.

And there is not a moment to lose… With my birthday now just days away, marking the ending and beginning of a cycle (it's our own personal New Year's Day so to speak) I find myself wanting to really deepen in to enjoying my life more… switching that on and turning that dial up...setting a path of clear intent and allowing that intention and love to pour into all my creations!

I'm looking forward to learning new things, experimenting and playing more with my art. 

I've just gotten some calligraphy nips, archival carbon ink and a dip pen holder ready to try out some hand lettering…and I had my first try at some brush-y lettering with a Japanese Sumi-e brush and ink to create a little quote that is popular and oft spoken in my house (above). 

So here we go…. there's never been a better time!


Blessings on the beauty way,
Catherine Athena xo 

• • •My journey through the senses• • •
taste:: pancakes for breakfast!
smell:: roses and mountain sage
touch:: icy fingers to keyboard
see:: "Big Eyes" - Tim Burton's latest cinematic creation - it's good!
hear:: Lana Del Rey singing the theme track "Big Eyes" (I totally love it!)
think:: everything is going to be alright
feel:: positive and extremely hopeful
read:: "Paris" ~ An Inspiring Tour of the City's Creative Heart"
intuit:: nothing short of an INCREDIBLE year ahead (personally and creatively)


Comments

  1. I love that phrase "enjoy what you've got" so much. It's such an important reminder that even though some of us have things we want in life, we still have so much to already enjoy and be hugely thankful for. Best wishes for the new year Cat.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill…Yes indeed we do have so much to be grateful for! Love and blessings, Cat xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I so appreciate it.

Popular Posts